Lot 301: BSA B31
The BSA B31, introduced in 1945, was the first new model introduced by the company after the Second World War. Based on pre-war designs, it used a single cylinder four stroke engine that displaced 348 cc (21.2 cu in). Initially, it had a rigid frame and telescopic forks, the first use of such on a BSA. It developed about 17 bhp, adequate for the roads of the day and enough to deliver a top speed of around 70 mph. The model continued in production until 1959, by which time the traditional Lucas magdyno had been replaced by an alternator and coil ignition. Supplied with a V5 document and an MoT certificate valid until October 2010, this BSA is finished in green and is described as being in very good original condition with the 350cc engine, frame and transmission all reported to be excellent.
Grand Prix, Competition, Touring & Rally Cars|
|Hammer Price (inc premium)||-|
|Registration number||LSU 258|
|Engine capacity (cc)||350|
|Engine - cylinders|
|Number of doors|