Lot 606: Jaguar XK150 3.4-Litre Coupe
A progressive development of the XK120 and XK140, the XK150 retained its predecessors' basic chassis, engine and transmission but benefited from an entirely new body providing increased interior space and improved visibility courtesy of a single-piece windscreen. The new model's main talking point though, was its Dunlop disc brakes that at last provided stopping power to match the XK's prodigious straight-line speed. Introduced in the spring of 1957, the XK150 was available at first only in fixed and drophead 2+2 coup� forms, the open two-seater version not appearing until the following year. At 190bhp, the 3.4-litre engine's maximum power output was identical to that of the XK140 so the superlative level of performance was maintained. This left-hand drive, manual/overdrive example was supplied new in January 1958 to Jaguar Cars, New York and delivered finished in Carmen Red with biscuit leather interior, its present colour scheme. We are advised that the XK had only two owners prior to its acquisition by the current vendor on 1997. Restored by Ben Kolvenbach of Beneden-Leeuwen in the Netherlands, the car was completed in 2009 and is described as in generally good condition. Accompanying documentation consists of sundry restoration invoices, Jaguar/Daimler Heritage Trust Certificate, tax documents, technical inspection and Netherlands registration papers. The tool kit and owner's handbook are included in the sale.
Grand Palais Sale|
Bonhams, Paris, France
|Hammer Price (inc premium)||-|
|Engine capacity (cc)|
|Engine - cylinders|
|Number of doors|