Lot 107A: Maserati 125 Sport
From 1947 to 1960 Fabbrica Candele Acculumatori Maserati S.p.A was part of Adolfo Orsi's large industrial group of Companies, of which the Maserati Car Company was a subsidiary. In the 1950's they bought the motorcycle maker Italmoto which gave them access to export market in South Africa, Europe and also North America. All the motorcycles used the well-known Maserati badge with the trident on it. This is the kind of bike which is found in races like the Milan-Taranto or the Motogiro d'Italia and having met with limited commercial success, they were eventually sacrificed on the altar of survival for the automotive brand in the late 1950s. This delightful little 125 sport version on offer today has been part of a very large Italian racing bike collection until very recently. Finished in black with a matching black seat with red accents, this fine little bike sports the famous Maserati Trident on the fuel tank and is splendid in every regard.
HISTORIC COLLECTORS MOTORCARS|
Coys, Blenheim Palace, Woodstock, Oxfordshire, OX20 1PX
|Hammer Price (inc premium)||-|
|Engine capacity (cc)|
|Engine - cylinders|
|Number of doors|