Follow Motorbase:
Search Motorbase for

Lot 141: Nash Roadster

HISTORIC COLLECTORS MOTORCARS, Coys (29 June 2013)

Nash Motors Company was based in Kenosha, Wisconsin, in the United States from 1916 to 1937. From 1937 to 1954, Nash Motors was the automotive division of the Nash-Kelvinator Corporation. Nash production continued from 1954 to 1957 after the creation of American Motors Corporation. Nash's slogan from the late 1920s and 1930s was Give the customer more than he has paid for and the cars lived up to it. Innovations included a straight-eight engine with overhead valves, twin spark plugs, and nine crankshaft bearings in 1930. The Nash was a success among consumers that meant for the company selling for a long time has been 100% a production problem... month after month all the cars that could be produced were sold before they left the factory floor. This Roadster was manufactured in 1929 in the USA as a 1930 model which was the first year this type of body, built predominantly for the Commonwealth market hence right hand drive, was produced. The Nash Car Club of USA President commented that there are only three known in existence and only one right hand drive! The car has benefitted from a comprehensive restoration and is offered in excellent condition throughout according to the vendor. A very rare example indeed, this fine motor car would be a great addition to any collection.

Lot Details
Auction HISTORIC COLLECTORS MOTORCARS
Coys, Blenheim Palace, Woodstock, Oxfordshire, OX20 1PX
TypeCar
Lot Number141
Estimate£25000-£35000
Outcome NOT SOLD
Hammer Price-
Hammer Price (inc premium)-
Year1929
Condition rating
Registration numberBF 5435
Mileage-
Chassis numberR191354
Engine number
Engine capacity (cc)
Engine - cylinders
Number of doors