Follow Motorbase:
Search Motorbase for

Overview

Despite its name, the Andre V6 had only two cylinders, using a 728cc V-twin J.A.P. engine which developed 28bhp, and a 4 speed gearbox. The front wheels were independently sprung by a single transverse leaf, and there were cantilever springs at the rear. It had a 2 seater sports body and a punt type frame in which the floor of the body acted as a chassis. Only six were made. T.B. Andre was better known for sponsorship of the Marlborough, and for the manufacture of shock absorbers. The Andre car was built in a little factory near Notting Hill Gate underground station, which is now a London Electricity Board property.

Models produced by Andre

V6

V6

1933-1934

Related Links

Suggest a link relating to Andre

Related Contacts

Suggest a Contact relating to Andre