A little-known Italian marque which had substantial backing from an enthusiastic industrialist. The real centre of interest, however, was the engine, which was originally a dohc four-cylinder 850cc unit built by Ferrari (no less) in 1958. Giotto Bizzarrini, a designer of the Ferrari GTO, was responsible for the chassis and Bertone for the body. When it was first shown to the public it carried no badges, although everyone knew who had made it. By 1961 Ferrari had decided no to proceed further but to hand over the project to the right people: enter the de Nora family.