The letters BNC stood for 'Bollack, Netter and Co.'. Between 1924 and 1931, mainly sports cars were built here. The fast two-seaters looked a lot like the cars made by Amilcar in that same period. The BNCs also participated in the 24-hour Le Mans race. Most of the cars that took part in that race were powered by a 1.5 litre Meadow engine. In 1929, a BNC was leading the race in his class, until the engine broke down a few hours before the finish. At the time, the car was in thirteenth place in the general rankings. In the late 1920s, BNC tried to penetrate a higher market sector. Enormous passenger cars were built that were fitted with eight-cylinder in-line engines made by Lycoming. There was, however, very little demand for this model. When the demand for ultra light sports cars started to drop as well, the company was forced to close down in 1931.
The complete encyclopedia of Vintage Cars - Rob de la Rive Box