OverviewCarrosserie Chappe Freres et Gessalin, Brie-Comte-Robert, Seine-et-Marne.
Having been coachbuilders since the 1950s, the C.G. marquee was born at the 1966 Paris Salon, where it displayed the Spider 1000. This was a pretty glassfibre-bodied convertible sports car using Simca 1000 parts, including the 40bhp 944cc engine in the tail. Feeble performance led to more powerful versions, including the 1.1 litre, 49bhp 1000S and 85bhp 1200S from 1968. From 1972 Simca Rallye engine was offered in the C.G. 1300, with power outputs of between 82bhp and 95bhp, or more with a supercharger. C.G.s were also offered in removable hardtop and fixed coupe styles. Because of its strong competition links with Simca, C.G. cars were sold in France through the Chrysler dealer network, enabling reasonably strong sales (101 units in 1972, for example).