This company was better known for its motorcycles and components made from 1900 to 1935, than for cars, although these were made in two phases. The Carette, introduced in 1907 was a 2-seater powered by a 6hp air-cooled V-twin Saolea engine mounted amidships on the off-side, with chain drive to one rear wheel. It was still offered in 1908, at the low price of 95 guineas (£99.75), but Charter-Lea made no serious efforts at production. In 1913 they announced a shaft-driven light car powered by an 8hp 4-cylinder engine. Nearly all components were made in Charter-Lea's large nine storey factory in Banner Street in the City of London.