Cumbria Motors Ltd are the only known car maker in the county of Cumberland. The Cumbria was unusual in being offered as a single-seater or monocar, in addition to the familiar 2-seater cyclecar form. The monocar was powered by a 6/8hp air-cooled V-twin J.A.P. engine with belt final drive, while the 2-seater had an 8/10hp engine, also by J.A.P. and chain drive. In 1914 there was also an 8.3hp 4-cylinder light car with shaft drive.