Follow Motorbase:
Search Motorbase for

Overview

1909-1911

The Dolphin was built by The Two-Stroke Engine Co. Ltd., a firm of marine engine makers situated in Shoreham, Sussex.

It used a 30hp four cylinder, two-stroke engine designed by Sir Harry Ricardo using components manufactured by Lloyd & Plaister, who also supplied gearbox parts.  Axles were supplied by Thornycroft.

Approximately twelve Dolphins were made before the company decided to return to the more profitable manufacture of marine engines only.

(see also Lloyd & Plaister)

Models produced by Dolphin

Related Links

Suggest a link relating to Dolphin

Related Contacts

Suggest a Contact relating to Dolphin