Doughill made several experimental cars from 1896 to 1898. They featured rear-mounted horizonal engines with belt drive to a countershaft and chain final drive. In 1899 several Lawson Motor Wheels were assembled at Dougill's factory. Designed by Harry Lawson, these were self-contained power units, with wheel, petrol tank and brake, which could be used to motorise any horse-drawn vehicle.
Source: Nick Georgano / Beaulieu Encyclopaedia of the Automobile