1904 - 1906
Dougills had made experimental cars from 1896, and also built the Lawson Motor Wheel self-contained power unit. In 1904 they announced a light car with 7hp single-cylinder engine and friction transmission incorporating two driven discs. This was made under Maurer patents. Final drive was by chain. In 1906 a 2-cylinder engine was adopted, but soon afterwards Dougill concentrated on commercial vehicles which were made up to the end of 1907.
Source: Nick Georgano / The Beaulieu Encyclopaedia of the Automobile