The Carnival procession wend its way in March 1950 through the German town of Fulda and there was much laughter as usual. There was no laughter though when Norbert Stevenson drove by in his new three-wheeler car for this was a serious matter. Many of the onlookers wanted a car. The prototype was the first of 1,500 cars of the type that were built. It had a strong tubular chassis and was powered by a 198 cc single-cylinder motor-cycle engine which drove the rear wheels.