1920 - 1923
This car was designed by Sam Gilchrist who had worked for commercial builders Caldeon before setting up on his own, with finance from his colliery-owning brother. His car was a conventional tourer powered by an ohv version of the 1550cc Hotchikiss engine which was also bought by William Morris. Various body styles were made by Sim & Wilson of Cathcart, Glasgow, mostly 4-seater tourers. About 20 cars had been made when Gilchrist's brother withdrew his aid as the money was needed to support his strike-hit colliery. The car would probably have succembed in the face of competition from Morris anyway.
Source: Nick Georgano / The Beaulieu Encyclopaedia of the Automobile