Follow Motorbase:
Search Motorbase for

Overview

1912 -1916

This was a cyclecar powered by an 8hp Chater-Lea 2-cylinder engine, with chain final drive.  In 1920 The Autocar announced that manufacture of the Charter-Lea cyclecar would be taken over by the makers of the Gillyard, and marketed under their own name.  This does not seem to have come about, and soon Charter-Lea returned to car manufacture themselves.

Source: Nick Georgano / The Beaulieu Encyclopaedia of the Automobile

Models produced by Gillyard

Related Links

Suggest a link relating to Gillyard

Related Contacts

Suggest a Contact relating to Gillyard