1912 - 1913
The HCE was a low-slung cyclecar powered by a 6/8hp single-cylinder Buckingham engine, with chain drive to a 2-speed countershaft, and belt drive to the rear wheels. The announcement in The Cyclecar spoke of several bodies being available, including a 2-seater 'semi-racing sociable' and a 4-seater. A friction transmission was promised, and when the 1913 model appeared, made at a new works in Essex, it had the very unusual feature of 4-wheel brakes. The premises covered 30 acres, allowing for a test track with properly banked corners. The Cyclecar thought this was the first purpose-built track for testing cyclears, but sadly it did not seem to be to the benefit of the HCE which did not survive into 1914.
Source: Nick Georgano / The Beaulieu Encyclopaedia of the Automobile