1904 - 1909
The first car made by this small engineeering works was a light shaft-driven 2-seater powered by an 8hp single-cylinder M.M.C. enigine, and priced at 100 guineas (£105). This car was also called the No Name. By 1906 the engine was quoted as a 9hp, though it may have been the same unit. It gave way after 1907 to an 8 1/2hp 2-cylinder White & Poppe. Aster engines were also used in 1908, when light vans were listed as well as cars. Horley were agents for Lacoste et Battmann chassis components, and doubtless used many of these in their cars.
Source: Nick Georgano / The Beaulieu Encyclopaedia of the Automobile