When George Hurst parted company with Lewis A. Lloyd in 1900, he set up a workshop in his own name in Holloway, North London, building 12hp two-cylinder and 24hp four-cylinder Hurst cars with shaft drive.
His production of these vehicles was somewhat erratic, although in 1902, Hurst sold one of his cars to the Member of Parliament for Aberdeen.
In 1906, he introduced cars of 10hp with a two cylinder engine, 15/18hp with a four cylinder engine and a 30/40hp with a six cylinder engine.
In 1906, he was joined by R. E. Middleton and the company became Hurst & Middleton Ltd.
(see also HURST & LLOYD / HURST & MIDDLETON)