1899 - 1915
R. Reynold Jackson's first car had an imported single-cylinder engine, probably a De Dion-Bouton, but the few production cars made in Bradford had 4hp horizontal-twin Mytholm engine. These were made by Brown & Buckton, makers of engines at Hipperholme, a Bradford suburb, who were taken over in 1900 by the Yorkshire Motorcar Manufacturing Co. Reynold Jackson left Yorkshire in 1900 to try his luck in London. For three years he sold American cars, before offering cars under his own name in 1903. These cars were of Lacoste et Battman design, therefore probably also largely imported with 6 or 9hp De Dion-Bouton engines. The cars were originally dos-a-dos dogcarts, though later more conventional seating was adopted.
In 1905 Jackson was to make cars for Trackson Bros of Brisbane, though it is not certain if he delivered any.
In 1909 Jackson made a very early example of an estate car, and in 1913 he was offering a 3-wheeled cyclecar powered by a 1350cc V-twin J.A.P. engine.
Source: Nick Georgano / The Beaulieu Encyclopaedia of the Automobile