1922 - 1924
Named after its designers, Kingston, Richardson and Crutchley, this was a light car powered originally by a 10hp V-twin Blackburne engine, in side-valve or ohv forms, with a non-differential Wrigley rear axle. For 1923 4-cylinder engines were adopted, either a 1246cc 8.9hp Coventry Climax in the touring model, or a 1092cc 7.5hp Janvier in the sports. These cars had Meadows 4-speed gearboxes. The predecessor company to White, Holmes was the National Cab Co. which had run a fleet of Unic cabs in London before the war, and as the cars were not selling very well they decided to offer the Coventry Climax engined chassis with a 2-passenger cab body. Announced in May 1925, they never ran in London as the 2-seater cab was not licensed for the capital, but a few K.R.C. taxis were operated in Harrogate.
Source: Nick Georgano / The Beaulieu Encyclopaedia of the Automobile