From 1909 to 1925, the company 'S.A. des Autos La Ponette' was established on the Route de Versailles in Saint Remy, Chevreuse. The owner and founder, Georges Granvaud, started with the production of so-called cycle cars. The two-seaters were powered by a 827 cc single-cylinder engine delivering 7 bhp. Power was transmitted by means of a cardan shaft instead of chains. In 1912, the cars could be supplied with a Ballot four-cylinder engine. These side-valve engines were a lot more reliable than the single-cylinder ones and this led, in 1913, to the old engine being taken out of production. Later, cars were supplied with four-cylinder engines with capacities of between 1.7 and 2.7 litres.
The complete encyclopedia of Vintage Cars - Rob de la Rive Box