1904 - 1905
This company derived its name from Long Acre, the London street where it was first in business. They were well-known coachbuilders, both for passenger cars and commercial vehicles, as well as makers of complete commercials. The only model of private car which could be considered as their own make was an electric brougham with two 4hp motors mounted on the rear axle. In 1906 they were selling Albion, James & Browne and other makes. In 1910 they moved out of London to Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire where production of commercial vehicles continued. The name survived on Bedford -Lacre sweeping and street-cleansing vehicles up to the 1960s.
Source: Nick Georgano / The Beaulieu Encyclopaedia of the Automobile