1922 - 1925
S.L.C.Co. Ltd., Newport Pagnall, Buckinghamshire
The N.P. light car took its name from its place of manufacture, and the initials of the makes stood for Salmons Light Car. It was built by the well known coachbuilders, Salmon & Sons, who had been in business at Newport Pagnall since 1820. Two sizes of Meadows 4-cylinder engines were used a 1795cc 11.9hp and a 2120cc 13.9hp, together with a 4-speed Meadows gearbox, and Timken rear axle. The bodies were made by Salmons, mostly open 2-seaters, tourers and coupes although a few saloons were made as well. It is claimed that 395 cars were made, but this seems on the high side, given that there was no production line, and that N.P. manufacture was slotted in between coachbuilding on other chassis. They were withdrawn at the end of 1925.
Source: Nick Georgano / The Beaulieu Encyclopaedia of the Automobile