1903 Broomell, Schmidt & Steacy, York, Pennsylvania.
1905-1909 York Motor Car Co., York, Pennsylvania.
1909-1917 Pullman Motor Car Co.,York, Pennsylvania.
The first car to bear the Pullman name was quite different from any of the others. Designed by A.P. Broomell, it was a 6 wheeler powered by a 2-cylinder engine which drove the centre pair of wheels. The front and rear pair turned in opposite directions for steering. It was not a success, and two years later Broomell added two cylinders, deleted two wheels and made a conventional car which was initially called the York. However, production models were all Pullmans.
The first to be offered to the public was an 18/20hp 4-seater surrey, of which just 13 were sold in 1905. Larger engines of 24/28 and 30/35hp were used in 1906 when production reached 273. A 40hp four was made in 1907 and a 30hp six in 1908, but the company was in difficulties and was rescued by financiers from New York, who changed the name to Pulman Motor Car Co. They dropped the 30hp six, although a larger six of 60hp and 8 1/2 litres came in 1912 and was made up to 1914. A line of smaller and cheaper cars called Pullman Junior, with 22.4hp 4-cylinder G.B. & S. engines was introduced in 1916, but it could not save the firm. Pullman was bankrupt in December 1916, and 1213 cars sold in 1917 were assembled from parts on hand. Some parts must have been sold to England, as from 1922 to 1925 a car called the London-Pullman, with the same G.B. & S. engine and British bodies, were sold by a firm in Hampstead.
Source: Nick Georgano / The Beaulieu Encyclopaedia of the Automobile