1901 - 1907
John Ridley built a light 2-seater car powered by a 3 1/2hp De Dion-Bouton or 5hp Buchet engine, using a gearbox combined with the rear axle. It had vertical tiller steering and a tubular frame. The Ridley Autocar company failed after only a handful of cars had been made. However, John Ridley bought some semi-finished chassis from Horsaff & Bickham of Manchester, makers of the Horbick car, to which he fitted his own design of single-cylinder water-cooled engine. He assembled these cars at his home address in Paisley.
Source: Nick Georgano / The Beaulieu Encyclopaedia of the Automobile