1920 - 1923
This was a venture of Arthur G. Grice, the 'G' of G.W.K. who formed a separate company in 1912 to make 5-cylinder pumping units. In 1920 he left G.W.K. to make a light car with a 998cc air-cooled flat-twin engine behind the driver and passenger, friction transmission and chain final drive. Few were made and by 1921 the engine was positioned at the front. To make it more car-like a conventional 3-speed gearbox was offered, although friction drive was still available. There was no standard model of Unit, and Grice clearly used whatever components were available. After about 50 cars had been made he returned to G.W.K. who took a few Units to sell off themselves.
Source: Nick Georgano / The Beaulieu Encyclopaedia of the Automobile