1952 - 1958
A subsidiary of Vernons football pools, this company made a number of invalid cars. At first it made Invacars under licence for the Ministry of Health, and in 1952 launched its own design, named the Vi-Car. Like most of its kind it was a 3-wheeler with single front wheel, and was powered by a 197cc single-cylinder Villiers 2-stroke engine mounted on the offside of the body. In 1954 the Vi-Car was developed into a 3-wheeler for the general market, which was sold as the Gordon, still with the side-mounted 197cc engine.
Source: Nick Georgano / The Beaulieu Encyclopaedia of the Automobile