The Waverly Electric Company was founded in 1898 as the result of a merger between American Electric Vehicle Company and the Indiana Bicycle Company. The company, which specialised in vehicles with electro-motors, was located in Indianapolis.
The first 'cars', were basically carriages with electro-motors. They were not equipped with a steering wheel, instead of a steering rod, until 1911. In 1913, a two-seater roadster, the Waverly 90 was launched. Only a few of these cars were sold. In 1915, the company stopped developing and manufacturing motorcars.
Source: The complete encyclopedia of Vintage Cars - Rob de la Rive Box
Quite why Colonel Pope needed the Waverley Electric in his portfolio when he already had a successful business producing electric powered Columbia vehicles is a matter for conjecture. Change was a regular feature of the Waverley story. Between 1904 and 1908 the vehicles were known by the name Pope-Waverley, five different Companies produced the Waverley, although from 1908 until its demise there was no more Pope involvement; and the list of models is bewildering. The two consistent elements were that the vehicles were always electric powered, and that they were all built in Indianapolis.