1913 - 1914
John Charles Stringer ran the Wincobank Steel Works in Sheffield, which made crankshafts and other forgoings for the motor industry, and was indeed known as 'Mr Crankhurst'. Wanting to enter the cyclear field he engaged an ex-L.G.O.C. engineer, George Bullock, to design it. Unlike many cyclecars the Winco used Stringer's own make of engine, a 1063cc water-cooled vertical twin. Final drive was by shaft. Postwar cars made by the company were called Stringer-Winco.
Source: Nick Georgano / The Beaulieu Encyclopaedia of the Automobile