Cadillac Eldorado Brougham
Cadillac fitted all its cars from 1954 onwards with power steering which was much appreciated by women drivers who had found it difficult to park the heavy cars. Air conditioning quickly became nothing extraordinary and cruise control followed in 1959. This was also the year in which under chief designer Harley Earl the tail fins reached their greatest heights.
The final Eldorado Broughams were built in Detroit in 1958. Henceforth, Cadillac's special cars were built by Pininfarina in Italy.