Rolls-Royce Phantom V
1959-1968, 793 produced.
Launched in 1959 alongside the Silver Cloud 2 / Bentley S2, the Phantom V shared the all new, aluminum 6230cc V8 with its sister cars.
The Phantom was designed purely as a "State" limousine, aimed at Royalty, Heads-of-State and the very rich. The Phantom V weighed in at nearly 3 tons, so its best to let the chauffeur do the driving!. A rumor at the time was that the Phantom V was used to determine the space lengths for the new parking meters in London!
Most cars carried Mulliner Park Ward coachwork (all cars were coachbuilt, chassis only) although James Young offered a very sleek "Touring Limousine" style as well as a "Sedanca de ville" version. Early cars have single headlamps, later cars had the Cloud III style twin headlamps. Options included cocktail cabinets, TV, separate front and rear A/C and even early telephone systems. Most cars have an electric glass partition and fold out occasional seats. Production ended in 1968 when the model was replaced with the similar Phantom VI.
|6230cc||V8 OHV||Rolls Royce V8||104mm x 91mm||9|