In 1965 BMC added Wolseley and Riley versions of the popular 1100 to its range, these cars formed the upper part of the ever growing 1100 range. The Wolseley 1100 shared its 1098cc A-Series engine with both the Riley and MG 1100 variants, in this twin carb format the engine produced 55bhp resulting in good performance figures for a small saloon.
Like all other cars the Wolseley 1100 made use of the east-west transverse engine layout and hydralastic suspension which gave a smooth ride. The Wolseley came loaded with all of the usual "extras" including two-tone paint, wood dashboard and a illuminated Wolseley grille badge!. The Wolseley 1100 was replaced by the more powerful 1300 in 1967.